Here we are again with the monthly update from the game that will hopefully make people more concerned about OCEAN POLLUTION, called Nero's Adventure.
Welcome to the devlog of November, this month I had a lot of time and thanks to my last black Friday's purchase, Alexa, setting up a good mood while programming has never been this easy.
This month I worked on.
I've changed the algorithm of the fish generation to make it even more random and sometimes
a fish will have inverted or missing bodyparts that will create monstrosity like this:
The player will now get affected by every particle inside
the game and this will create cool game mechanics
After several nights of profiling the game, I was surprised
that the biggest bottleneck inside the game were: physics calculations, and the frustum culling performed by unity.
To fix those problems I wrote some custom systems and did some smart optimizations:
I improved the algorithm that generated the bubbles of a current to increase/decrease
his size and particle count based on the volume of the shape that they are spawned in
I also changed the way texts are displayed inside the game:
Stalactites are cool and will improve the overall mood of the game
the official website is finally up:
still working on the front end :/
The level editor got a huge boost in the user experience and also
a big feature that everyone(only me) was waiting for:
the layer system to create cool graphic effects.
I will make an article on the level editor because it's really complex and deserves his own post
to explain in detail everything that you can do with it!
Be sure to join the discord server, where you can talk about the game, give feedback and follow each step of the development.
Follow the game on indiedb (DUH!)